As is the case injuries are part and parcel of a footballers career, some like Louis Saha are repeatedly injured whereas players such as Frank Lampard and David James are rarely in the physios room.?Currently there are a plethora of players who are recovering from long term injuries, when a player is injured for a long period there usually is a drop in value for the absent player.
Here are some suggestions for your fantasy team, who can be picked up for a less than normal due to their injuries.
1. Ayegbeni Yakubu – Evertons muscular striker has had a couple of seasons of various injuries, however in Premier League history he has shown himself to be a formidable player. At present he is 7.9 that is 0.1 down from his starting price, which for a player of his ability could be a bargain. Once he regains full fitness he would be expected to be Everton?s leading scorer and prove a useful addition to your team.
2. Daniel Agger ? It can be argued that if Rafa Benitez were to choose his first team then that would include Daniel Agger. He is priced at 6.3 which is 0.2 down from his start price, which for a defender with attacking facets to his game could mean he would be a good option for your team.
3. Yuri Zhirkov ? Zhirkov is priced at 7.3 which is 0.2 down from his starting position and has versatility to boot. Equally adept at left back or left wing he has been classed as a defender so he would be beneficial for clean sheet points as well his obvious potential for assists and goals.
4. Joe Cole ? The former West Ham man is a player of obvious talent who has kept his value of 9.0 despite his injury, a lot is expected of the playmaker especially as he wants to get into the England fold. At 9.0 he will get goals as well as assists and once full fitness is reached you would assume he would be a first teamer.
5. Rafael Da Silva ? Last season saw the emergence of Rafael as Man Utd?s right back. Likened to a young Cafu he has all the attributes to truly be remarkable. Whilst Gary Neville is winding down his career Rafael could establish himself as Man Utd?s right back for now and the future. His price has dropped by 0.2 to 5.3, which could be a bargain once he returns to fitness, I expect him to double last years points total of 40.